Tuesday 13 October 2015

A Double Christening!

Sunday was a very special day for me! In one of my earlier blogs I mentioned that my friends Sandra and Clive had had twins – two adorable baby girls. Well, on Sunday I had the very great pleasure of attending their christenings – my first ever double christening! And what’s more, I got to be a godparent to both! I’m so happy and proud!

On the morning of the christening I went to the church early with my aunty Emmie to help prepare it. (She regularly does voluntary work at the church, including helping to prepare it for special occasions.) After putting on the heaters and doing a little tidying, I helped my aunt set up a wonderful flower arrangement at the front. She used to teach flower arranging (and other crafts) and the arrangement she produced (with little help from me) was absolutely stunning.

When Sandra and Clive arrived at the church carrying their two bundles of joy they looked like they were about to explode with happiness and pride. And with good reason - their girls (Emily and Louise) looked absolutely gorgeous in their matching Sarah Louise ivory silk heirloom christening gowns from Cachet Kids

They are good natured babies and were happy and smiling throughout the ceremony; they didn’t even mind being crossed with water, which most babies seem to hate. Anyway, the whole ceremony was very enjoyable and I was glad to be a part of it.

After the ceremony we all went back to Sandra and Clive’s house for an informal Sunday roast dinner, which was absolutely delicious. (Sandra is one of the best cooks I know.) The happy couple then opened the large pile of christening presents given to them by friends and family. 

Among the presents were: some cute christening keepsake photo frames, two silver spoons with the girls’ names engraved on them and a variety of children’s clothing. I think that my favourite gift was a pair of Little Darlings silk baby girl’s christening hats in ivory with a cute bow on them. Either that or a pair of frilly lace white christening shawls with: ‘My christening day’ embroidered on them, a crucifix in silver effect threads and frilly lace trim. One or the other – they both looked sooooooo cute!       


No comments:

Post a Comment